Before each semester begins, you will need to prepare your Blackboard course shell. Below is an outline of what you will need to do to prepare your course. For detailed information and instructions, please see the links located below the outline.
- Make sure you are updating the correct course shell. Check the course id before entering the course. The course id begins with the term.
- If using course content from a previous semester, you will need to copy the content into the new terms course shell.
- You must make your course available to your students so they can have access on the course start date.
- If you have cross listed courses or multiple course sections you want combined, you will need to submit a request.
- Update your course with the new 24/7 Blackboard Support information. Remove the Blackboard Support email address.
- For Full Online courses, remove all reference to completing a course survey within the Blackboard course. Students now receive access to the course survey via their SJC email.
- Hide or remove all old course announcements.
- Update all dates within your course.
Links to detailed information and instructions: